VIC Small Business COVID Hardship Fund
Who can apply for VIC Small Business COVID Hardship Fund grant?
To be eligible, businesses must:
- be located within Victoria
- as a direct consequence of COVID-19 restrictions since 27 May 2021 have experienced a reduction in turnover of at least 70% for a minimum consecutive two-week period comparable to a benchmark period in 2019
- have an annual Victorian payroll of up to $10 million in 2019-20 on an ungrouped basis
- have been registered for Goods and Services Tax (GST) on and from 28 July 2021
- hold an Australian Business Number (ABN) and have held that ABN on and from 28 July 2021
- be registered with the responsible Federal or State regulator.
Employing businesses must also:
- be registered with WorkSafe Victoria
- attest that the business is supporting its workers to access any paid leave entitlements, or that if a person can work from home, to work from home during the COVID-19 restrictions, and supporting their casual workers, where possible.
Who cannot apply for VIC Small Business COVID Hardship Fund grant?
Businesses that have received funding under any of the Victorian Government COVID-19 support packages launched on or after 27 May 2021 are not eligible for a grant under this program.
Businesses that have received assistance through the Business Support Fund, payroll tax rebate/waiver, or another COVID-19 program launched prior to 27 May 2021 may apply for assistance under this program.
If you are unsure, don’t hesitate to reach out.