NSW Covid-19 business support package released
The NSW Government has announced more Covid business support over the next few months.
The package, which starts February 1, includes:
- a lump-sum payment of 20% of weekly payroll with a minimum payment of $500 per week and a maximum payment of $5,000 per week. It is for businesses with a turnover between $75,000 and $50 million that suffered a 40% downturn in January and projected to do the same in February. (note there is no availability to claim yet as of 1 Feb)
- The Small Business Fees and Charges rebate program extended from $2,000 to $3000, and employing businesses will be able to use the rebate to obtain rapid antigen tests (RATs).
- Commercial landlord relief will be extended until 13 March.
Note that while the business support program will be based on losses in January, no retrospective payments will be made for this month.
The 2022 Small Business Support Program is for the month of February only.
Businesses will be able to apply through Service NSW from mid-February in 2022.
Most customers submitting complete and eligible applications through Service NSW should receive payment within 5 to 15 days of applying.
Payment timeframes can sometimes be extended if applications are:
- require additional verification
- potential fraudulent behaviour is identified.